- Date: Friday 29 September 2017
- Time: 17:00 - 24:00
- Venue: International Fair Grounds, Nicosia
* The event is open to the public - free entrance
The Cyprus Institute participates in the 2017 Researchers’ Night, Friday, September 29th, with the following 4 activities:
- The Vi-SEEM European Project – Servicing Computational Science needs and Digital Cultural Heritage (CaSToRC)
Presentation of the VI-SEEM project, a European project which aims in creating a Virtual Research Environment portal (VRE portal), providing computational resources to computational researchers working in the fields of Climatology, Digital Cultural Heritage and Life Science.
- Your legacy, your skeleton - experience the bioarchaeologist's experience for one day (STARC)
Dig, uncovering bones under the sand, and cultural burial practices. Build skeletons (bones, teeth) with Lego, exploring the structure and form of healthy and diseased bones.
- Dioptra: Digital Library for Cypriot Heritage (STARC)
“Dioptra: Digital Library of Cypriot Culture” gives the opportunity to study digitally important aspects of the Cypriot history and the cultural heritage.
- Water and Land in Motion (EEWRC)
Presentation of an adjustable scale model (2 x 1 m) of a Cypriot hill-slope, demonstrating the effect of different land management practices on water flows and erosion.
This European Researchers' Night project is funded by the European Commission under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions.
View all CyI events.