The Office of Facilities & Physical Infrastructure is responsible for maintaining and enhancing buildings, grounds and the physical infrastructure in a cost-effective and safe manner. Specifically the office is responsible for:
- Planning and Developing of all Institute's Building Facilities & Infrastructure. It manages the execution and delivery of all infrastructural projects and minor works and focuses on a asset planning which includes space management, identifying the need for new facilities and the preparation of briefs for new projects.
- Provision of Project and Construction Management services to all Institute's new or renovated or re-modeled construction projects and facilities.
- Ongoing maintenance & Operations support for existing Building Facilities and Infrastructure.
- Prepares project scopes, planning, Time and Cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, Bidding and Contract administration functions. Redesigns and Upgrades the Institute's facilities as the need arises.
- Prepares Pre-estimates and Tender documents for re-modeled projects.
- Develop and review project budgets and schedules. Coordinate budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost and construction functions as they relate to projects.
- Procurement of the Institute's fixed assets.
- Procurement and Contracts Administration, including inter alia supervision, documentation, review and approval of pay applications from contractors, vendors and miscellaneous invoices submitted for works performed in relation to Facilities and Infrastructure.