- Date: 27 - 29 September 2021
- Time: All day
- Venue: The Cyprus Institute – Events Room, 1st floor, Novel Technologies Building, Athalassa Campus
- Registration is open to practitioners from the entire Mediterranean region, who have expertise in any component of the Nexus. Places are limited, so please apply early.
- Registration is free of charge
The 2021 WEFE Nexus Science Advances Conference will focus on the role of science as a driver of innovation and its interface with the policymaking process. The Conference will look at the four aspects of the WEFE Nexus from different perspectives (e.g. through the eyes of economists, sociologists and end users) and canvass opinions on how to approach the cross-sectoral management of WEFE resources. Participants will include scientists, business and water practitioners, professional organisations as well as governmental and regional policymakers and NGOs from across the Mediterranean countries, all brought together to:
- Explore capacity for cross-sectoral analyses of the use of natural resources by exchanging knowledge on the development, use and demonstration of Nexus methodologies applicable across scales;
- Promote the collection of best WEFE Nexus practices in the Mediterranean region and the incorporation of lessons learnt into hands-on guidance for the development of innovative and economically viable roll-outs;
- Elaborate on the role of a WEFE Nexus Community of Practice to stimulate cross-organisation collaboration and knowledge sharing in the Mediterranean region.
The Conference is organised by the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission, the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), the Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area (PRIMA) and the Cyprus Institute (CyI).
Further Information available soon
View all CyI events.
- Date: 27-30 September 2021