- Date: Monday 14 - Friday 18 May 2018
- Time: Full day, during the dates indicated
- Venue: The Cyprus Institute, Nicosia
- Speaker: To be announced
The IPANEMA-CNRS institute (which is a European Research Platform on Ancient Materials), with the collaboration of The Cyprus Institute, in the context of the European project OpenSESAME, is organising a training school, dedicated to training young researchers from the Middle East in the techniques of synchrotron spectroscopy and imaging to study cultural heritage materials.
The programme includes:
- Lectures by renowned researchers working at synchrotron facilities
- A hands-on workshop to design research projects involving synchrotron techniques
- Social exchanges and activities to meet and socialise with other conference attendees
- Uwe Bergmann (SLAC, Stanford)
- Loïc Bertrand (IPANEMA, CNRS, MiC, UVSQ)
- Serge Cohen (IPANEMA, CNRS, MiC, UVSQ)
- Marine Cotte (ESRF)
- Messaoud Harfouche (SESAME)
- Josiane Kaddissy (IPANEMA, CNRS, MiC, UVSQ)
- Gihan Kamel (SESAME)
- Kirsi Lorentz (The Cyprus Institute)
- Mathieu Thoury (IPANEMA, CNRS, MiC, UVSQ)
- Sam Webb (SLAC, Stanford)
The application submission deadline is 31 January 2018, 14:00 (CET). Participants will be selected by the Scientific Committee of the School.
The School is free of charge. and will accept up to 20 participants working in one of the members of the Sesame Consortium, the OPEN SESAME project (H2020) will pay for their travel and accommodation. For participants belonging to institutions, which are not members of the Sesame Consortium, they will have to cover the expenses related to their travel and accommodation.
- CV with any academic and research records, including nationality and current working/studying institution;
- Motivation letter (max. 2 pages);
- Reference letter (max. 1 page) from a supervisor/teacher/head of department/etc. This letter should contain a statement about his/her English knowledge level.
- Submission: from 15 December to 31 January, 14:00 (CET)
- Evaluation: from 1 February to 13 February
- Notification to the applicants: 16 February
For more information and application instructions please visit: https://am-open-sesame.sciencesconf.org.
View all CyI events