- Date: Friday 29 September 2017
- Time: 17:00 - 24:00
- Venue: International Fair Grounds, Nicosia
* The event is open to the public - free entrance
The Cyprus Institute participates in the 2017 Researchers’ Night, Friday, September 29th, with the following 4 activities:
- The Vi-SEEM European Project – Servicing Computational Science needs and Digital Cultural Heritage (CaSToRC)
Presentation of the VI-SEEM project, a European project which aims in creating a Virtual Research Environment portal (VRE portal), providing computational resources to computational researchers working in the fields of Climatology, Digital Cultural Heritage and Life Science.
- Your legacy, your skeleton - Dig it from sand, build it from Lego (STARC)
Come explore your own skeleton, and those of your ancestors – your heritage: Dig with us. Build skeletons from Lego. Make a story, find meaning. Become a bioarchaeologist!
- Dioptra: Digital Library for Cypriot Heritage (STARC)
“Dioptra: Digital Library of Cypriot Culture” gives the opportunity to study digitally important aspects of the Cypriot history and the cultural heritage.
- Water and Land in Motion (EEWRC)
Presentation of an adjustable scale model (2 x 1 m) of a Cypriot hill-slope, demonstrating the effect of different land management practices on water flows and erosion.
This European Researchers' Night project is funded by the European Commission under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions.
View all CyI events.