HORIZON2002 NI4OS-Europe project, in which researchers of The Cyprus Institute are participating, brings scientific communities one step closer to the Open Science Cloud and Open Innovation vision, with the on-boarding of 19 new services to its digital service catalogue. NI4OS-Europe – National Initiatives for Open Science in Europe, is a key contributor to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), an integrated, interoperable digital environment that aims to provide scientific communities with seamless access to e-Infrastructures, services and data, enabling cross-border and interdisciplinary collaboration. The resources provided by the NI4OS-Europe digital service catalogue will be integrated into the EOSC portfolio, enabling millions of scientists around the world to access, store, manage, analyze, share and reuse research data.
NI4OS-Europe partnership consists of 22 organizations from 15 Member States and Associated Countries of the wider South Eastern European region. The project contributes to EOSC via a multi-level approach:
- It contributes to the EOSC portfolio with computing infrastructure and services, data sets, as well as open data storage and management services;
- It supports the development and inclusion of national Open Science Cloud initiatives in the 15 Member States and Associated Countries in the EOSC governance,
- It provides training to instill within the community the EOSC philosophy and FAIR principles for data Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability and Reusability.
NI4OS-Europe platform lists in total 41 services, which have been tested in terms of their level of readiness for integration into the EOSC, through specialized models. In parallel, dozens of public trainings with various backgrounds and roles have been conducted, as well as consultations and studies for the adoption of Open Science policies. NI4OS-Europe has thus created a strong foundation for the implementation of the EOSC, with benefits for a wide range of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) scientists and professionals.
The NI4OS-Europe project is funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 European research infrastructures grant agreement no. 857645
- NI4OS - National Initiatives for Open Science in Europe
- NI4OS-Europe Service Catalogue
- European Open Science Cloud
- NI4OS-Europe Facebook | NI4OS-Europe Twitter
- Subscribe to NI4OS-Europe news