The Cyprus Institute welcomes university/college students and young graduates to participate in on-the-job training at one of the Institute’s Research Centers or the Institute’s administration under the supervision and mentoring of Institute professionals.The Cyprus Institute welcomes university/college students and young graduates to participate in on-the-job training at one of the Institute’s Research Centers or the Institute’s administration under the supervision and mentoring of Institute professionals.
Internship DefinitionInternships are arrangements in which university/college students and young graduates (either individually or through their Institution) engage in research related or administrative activities within the Institute relevant to their interest and field of education for a specific period of time. In return, they benefit in developing their skills, in learning about research in the field of their interest, and in gaining exposure to the work environment.
- Internships are conducted on a voluntary and unpaid basis but may also include an allowance depending the specific internship and budget availability.
- Internship Opportunities that include a paid salary are announced at the Institute’s JobBoard https://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/ and go through the regular recruitment procedure.
- The internship contributes to the student’s/young graduate’s personal and professional development through work assignments
- The internship involves supervision that includes mentoring and on-the-job learning
- The internship includes career related experiences that complement what is learned at university
- Builds the Institute/student relationship
- Offers the Institute the opportunity to discover future talents- Offers the Institute the opportunity to build relationships between Institute staff and universities or other organizations
Provisions/requirements for Internship at The Cyprus Institute
- The internship must be agreed between the two parties (University and/or student/young graduate and the Institute).
- It is exercised under the condition that the Institute can dedicate its resources for the internship (i.e. project, researcher/professional and time availability)
- The Institute is not responsible for accommodation for the intern, unless required by a specific agreement or due to particular conditions
- The institute is not responsible for visa applications but will assist by providing any necessary documentation on behalf of the Institute
- The intern must comply with the Institute’s general rules and regulations
How to apply: