The Research and Innovation Management and Support Office (RIMS) operates under the Vice-President for Research (VPR) Office of CyI, who is supervising all its activities and performance. The priorities of the Office are set by a Research and Innovation Committee appointed by the President upon the recommendation of VPR. The personnel of the Office currently consists of the Manager and the Scientific Coordinators of the Research Centres and of the large Research Divisions of the Centres.
The Office facilitates research and innovation at CyI by identifying funding sources, assisting in proposal development and consortia building, reviewing and endorsing proposals, assisting in the negotiation of grants and funding agreements, liaising with funding agencies, interpreting guidelines and promoting compliance with the funding agencies and the CyI policies. Other core activities for the personnel of RIMS include inter alia:
- To assume the role of CyI Contact Point for specific funding schemes and actions
- To contribute in authoring institutional research funding proposals
- To collect data of research output and research activities
- To present tailored topics of research support to the research community of the Institute
- To propose and analyse Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which meet the approval of the scientific management of the Institute.
- To establish training sessions among the SCs to share experience and expertise and present tailored topics of research support to the research community of the Institute
- To manage Intellectual Property and seek for innovative potential
- To liaise with national and European authorities for research and innovation policy and advocacy issues and participate in relevant collaborative projects.
Research and Innovation Management and Support Office (RIMS)
The Cyprus Institute
P.O. Box 27456