CyI is a gateway for research and technology between the European Research Area and the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East Region (EMME). Our international outlook is reflected in over 1,000 project and strategic partnerships (with partners from over 65 different countries), in the composition of our board of trustees, and in our focus on research of regional relevance.
Notably, strategic partnerships have been formed with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for EEWRC, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) for CaSToRC and the Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musées de France (C2RMF) for STARC, as well as with the Max Planck Society. But aside from project collaborations and formal agreements (we have signed over 50 MoUs and agreements with major partners across the world), our most important connection to the wider world is our own staff, who represent over 20 different nationalities. Our working language is English, which facilitates communication between this diverse group of researchers and also with partners abroad.
We also convene a range of international events, conferences, and lectures, such as the prestigious Hubert Curien and Enrico Fermi Lecture Series. We have had the honour of hosting lectures and visits by such distinguished guests as the President of the European Research Council (Prof. Jean-Pierre Bourguignon), the Italian Minister of Education, University and Research (Prof. Stefania Giannini), the European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation (Mr. Carlos Moedas), the President of the National Research Council of Italy (Prof. Massimo Inguscio), and many others.
Interactive Map of International Collaborations
Networking and Important Partnerships
- Strategic partnerships have been essential to the development of The Cyprus Institute
- In addition to these strategic partners, we also have a wide range of other major partners.
- The Cyprus Institute is active in a range of international networks.
Center Partnerships and Collaborations
- View EEWRC partnerships & collaborations
- View STARC partnerships & collaborations
- View CaSToRC partnerships & collaborations
- View CARE-C partnerships & collaborations
- View Graduate School Collaborations & Memberships