About The Repository
The Cyprus Institute Repository aims to provide a permanent record of the research output of the Institute and maximise the visibility, usage, and impact of the CyI’s research through global access. It is intended to be an institutional repository for published work, as well as for research output that cannot be disseminated through other channels. The repository policy follows the recommended options for optimum open access compliance suggested in the Sherpa Romeo open access policies resource.
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided a link to the original metadata record is given.
For full text and other full data items:
Each item is published under dedicated licence, which grants specific rights and obligations regarding sharing, reproduction and commercial use. In Principle:
- Anyone may access published full items free of charge.
- Most full items can be: reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium for personal research or study, educational, or non-commercial/not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge. Provided:
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Copyright and moral rights to these works are retained by the author and/or other copyright owners unless otherwise stated.
- Full bibliographic details must be given when referring to, or quoting from full items including the 'author's name, the title of the work, publication details where relevant (place, publisher, date), pagination, and for theses or dissertations the awarding institution, the degree type awarded, and the date of the award.
The Cyprus Institute Repository will endeavour to ensure continued readability and accessibility:
- Full text items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary. It may not be possible to guarantee the readability of some unusual file formats.
- The Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Deposited items cannot be edited. If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The Cyprus Institute assumes no legal responsibility for mistakes, omissions or legal infringements within the deposited items.
- The Depositor and the Cyprus Institute shall be under no liability for any loss or for any failure to perform any obligation hereunder due to causes beyond their control, including but not limited to industrial disputes of whatever nature, Acts of God, hostilities, force majeure or any circumstances which they could not reasonably foresee and provide against.
- While every care will be taken to preserve the items, The Cyprus Institute is not liable for loss or damage to the items or other data while it is stored within the repository.
If you have questions or comments about the policy information provided above then please contact us at:
The Cyprus Institute,
20 Konstantinou Kavafi Street,
Tel: +357 22 208 700
Fax: +357 22 208 628