The Cyprus Institute is closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. As the situation continues to change rapidly, our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our community. The Institute remains open and operational with appropriate measures to protect the health of the community. Please visit this site regularly to keep you informed of the latest actions and measures.
Effective March 11 and until further notice:
1. All staff members who arrived from the affected areas of Categories 1 and 2 (see link and below) after the 1st of March should immediately go into either isolation under medical attention or self-isolation at home, depending on the category. They should remain in isolation as per the instructions of the Ministry for 14 days from their arrival from the affected areas.
2. All CyI visitors/guests should immediately be informed on the above and follow the same rules.
3. All scheduled seminars, colloquia and relevant activities until and including Friday 15 May 2020, are cancelled.
4. All staff members are strongly encouraged to use CyI’s teleconference and video conference facilities instead of face to face meetings.
5. Only essential business travel will be approved.
6. If any staff member notices any of the symptoms should immediately go into self-isolation and call the authorities for monitoring. The office of the VP Operations should be informed asap.
See this announcement from the Ministry of Health (MOH), the Health Insurance Organisation (HIO) and the Cyprus Medical Association (CIMA) (pdf)
7. While in self-isolation, staff should coordinate with their direct supervisor for a “working from home” arrangement.